Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Our first blog

I have had so much fun reading everyone's blogs, so I decided to join in on the fun. I will do my best to keep this page updated.

This last year has been full of new adventures. My parents moved to Brookings, S.D. I know, I know....you're thinking...South Dakota, is there anything in South Dakota? My mom took a job up there. She is the C.E.O. and Executive Director for the South Dakota State University Innovation Campus. She is loving it. She is basically building an innovation campus starting from corn fields. She's an amazing woman. But, it's definately been a huge challenge for me, not having her and my dad near by. They told us they were moving when I was 7 months pregnant, you can't tell a pregnant woman that her parents are moving....we are emotional enough as it is. But we worked through the emotions and I am happy for their new adventure in life.

We had our first baby, Isabella, in February. I will admit, the only time I cried during child birth was when I was walking into the hospital and I had to call my parents and tell them that we'd keep them updated. I was able to take 3 months of FMLA and stay home with her. I was amazed at how many cute new things she did every day. After my 3 months ended Chris and I decided that I should stay home with her. The idea of dropping her off at daycare made me want to cry. It was a hard decision to leave my job. I had finally found my dream job and I loved the people that I worked with. I trained new employees, mentored teachers, and worked with the cutest kids in the world at Bear River Head Start. The job was so rewarding, and it's the only job in the world that you get hugs every day and hear, "Ms. Melissa, I love you." Everyone always says, "I wish I could be a kid again." I actually got to be just that everyday. I played with play-dough, blocks, dolls, and read silly stories everyday.

Isabella, is now 8 months and I am asking myself, "Where did the time go?" That question alone tells me that I made the right decision to stay home with her. I can't imagine not seeing all the fun things tha she does. In fact, last week my visiting teachers came over and one of the sisters was opening up her Ensign to look up a talk. It was dead silent! Isabella felt it was a prime opportunity to let one rip. I was the only one who heard, or the other sisters pretended not to hear? Either way I got the giggles, but I was the only one who got the giggles. I couldn't control myself! It's moments like these that make me smile!

3 comments:

Kylene said...

Yeah! I am so glad you're a blogger now. It's the best way to stay updated these days. You need to post some pic's of your little Izzy so we can all see how big she's getting. I'm glad your mom and dad are doing well. I bet it's hard for them to be so far away from you. We need to get together soon!

christina said...

I'm so happy that you guys have a blog now! Little Izzy sure is cute!

christina said...

melissa - by the way, can you email your email address? maybe that will help us stay in touch more...thanks!

christina b.